Ruby on Rails, often shortened to Rails or RoR, is an open source web application framework for the Ruby programming language. It has become very popular since its release to the public domain in 2004 by David Heinemeier Hansson. It gives web developers a framework, providing structure for all the code they write. The Rails framework helps developers to build websites and applications, because it abstracts and simplifies common repetitive tasks. The appeal of Ruby to developers lies in the elegance and directness of the language.
At NetTantra we have the expertise in providing the following services on Ruby On Rails: Full Stack Application Development:
- Full Stack Application Development: We take up new projects, develop them on Ruby on Rails framework and provide with development, deployment and maintenance solutions.
- Performance Tweaking: A major issue with the Ruby on Rails framework is its performance bottleneck. We help our clients by looking into their source code and helping them find out the parts which cause performance lags and guide them to get rid of these issues.
- Ruby on Rails Version Upgrades: We understand that the core Ruby on Rails framework keeps on improving continuously, but upgrading Ruby on Rails from one major version to another can be a huge hassle for in-production applications. We help our clients to upgrade their applications, typically built for older Ruby on Rails versions, to run on the most recent version of Ruby on Rails. As in the case of Ruby on Rails 3.0, it provides a huge performance boost over Rails 2.x.x, but migration of an existing application from Ruby on Rails 2.x.x to Ruby on Rails 3.x can be troublesome. This is where our team comes to the aide.
- Ruby on Rails Production Deployments: We help our clients by suggesting and deploying their Ruby on Rails applications on to the best platform suited to their needs. Typically we deploy Ruby on Rails Applications on to Apache2/PhusionPassenger, NGinx/PhusionPassenger, NGinx as reverse proxy to Mongrel Clusters, WebRoar Ruby Application server, and Cherokee Web Servers. On the database back-end we support MySQL, SQLite3 and PostgreSQL. We will soon be supporting Oracle Database back-ends also.
- Ruby on Rails Cloud Deployments: NetTantra also provides support for deploying Ruby on Rails applications onto cloud platforms like Heroku, and Amazon EC2.